Becovic is Uptown Proud!
During the Chicago Pride Parade, the streets are lined as far as 12 people deep, while over 1 million people cheer the contingents on and enjoy the show, culture and experience. The 51st annual parade route will remain the same as past years:
- Begins at Montrose and Broadway
- Moves south on Broadway to Halsted
- Continues south on Halsted to Belmont
- Turns east to Broadway
- Turns south on Broadway to Diversey
- Turns east on Diversey to the end point at Cannon Drive
Organized by PRIDEChicago, the parade will feature 150 registered entries, including floats, decorated vehicles, performance groups, a marching band and walking contingents. The entries represent community organizations, businesses, governmental officials and individual community members.
This year’s parade will be dedicated to the memory of Richard William Pfeiffer, coordinator of the annual Chicago Pride Parade since 1974.